Website Home Care
Provide physical therapy treatment, instruction and other related activities to patients as assigned by the attending Physical Therapist and in strict compliance with the established Plan of Care and per the supervision requirements mandated by state law or payor regulations, whichever is more stringent.
This position been determined as eligible for access to/use of Protected Health Information (PHI) & Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI) based on work duties and responsibilities in compliance with ‘minimal necessary’ standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provide patient treatment, instruction and other related services following the Physical Therapist’s evaluation and establishment of the patient’s plan of care
* Report all significant outcomes of patient treatments to the Physical Therapist for intervention and/or plan of care revision
* Maintain necessary documentation including daily patient treatment notes, home/exercise instructions and any other support entries allowed by State statute
* Document the name of the supervising Physical Therapist per patient as required by State statute
* Report all patient care activities performed requiring program modification immediately to the Physical Therapist
* Assist with and/or carry out routine cleaning, maintenance and support operations of the clinic’s physical plant, patient care equipment and supplies in accordance with regulatory standards and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies and procedures
* Carry out EHS duties as designated by the Clinic Director / Rehab Clinical Director
* Comply with the Facility’s Comprehensive Compliance Plan (CCP) which includes but is not limited to: Business & Clinical Operations, Environmental Health & Safety, HIPAA, Human Resources and Code of Conduct as well as all facility policies and procedures and educational requirements associated the CCP
* Comply with all local, state and federal regulations training and instruction requirements as well as any other standards that govern healthcare services provision
* Perform other duties as assigned as permitted by law & training
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
* Must be licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant in Maine
* Must demonstrate the physical communication and mental capabilities (practical &/or written, post training competency test) to perform the duties required of the position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
* Requires the manual dexterity and general strength and endurance
* Lifting—routinely loads of 5-35 pounds from floor to waist, waist to shoulder and shoulder to overhead
* Carrying—routinely loads of 5-10 lbs for 40-50 feet
* Pushing—routinely loads of 5-150 lbs on casters, runners or pulleys
* Sustaining a grip—routinely for 1-2 minutes of 40-50 lbs
* Guarding a “lift load” routinely of 120-140 lbs
* Has the potential for Hazardous Substance Exposure due to work duties
* Has the potential for Blood borne Pathogen Exposure due to work duties
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.