Website Home Care
Provide assessments/evaluations and other occupational therapy services to patients and/or clients for the purpose of injury prevention and rehabilitation as well as health promotion. Participate in activities and training to promote and attain regulatory compliance at the local, state and federal level.
This position has been determined as eligible for access to/use of Protected Health Information (PHI) & Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI) based on work duties and responsibilities in compliance with ‘minimal necessary’ standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate patients/clients, develop a plan of care with associated goals including quantifiable physical and functional targets
- Provide assessments, treatments, instructions and other occupational therapy services according to the scope of practice limitations per State statute
- Retain the responsibility for all delegated tasks to other licensees and support personnel and ensure proper and adequate supervision of them
- Participate in professional and facility enhancement programs and activities as required by the Owner or the Clinic Director / Rehab Clinical Director
- Ensure proficient services through proper patient management
- Carry out EHS duties as designated by policy and/or the Clinic Director/Rehab Clinical Director
- Comply with the Facility’s Comprehensive Compliance Plan (CPP) which includes but is not limited to: Business & Clinical Operations, Environmental Health & Safety, HIPAA, Human Resources and Code of Conduct as well as all facility policies and procedures and educational requirements associated the CCP
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations training and instruction requirements as well as any other standards that govern healthcare services provision
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A graduate of an Occupational Therapy Program approved by AOTA’s Accreditation Council for Occupational therapy Education (ACOTE)
- Must be licensed as an Occupational Therapist as approved in the State of Maine
- BLS Certification required at St. Joseph Home Care and Hospice
- Must demonstrate the physical and mental capabilities (practical &/or written, post training competency test) to perform the duties required of the position.
- Driving a personal vehicle is required in the performance of essential job functions. As such, a current, valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Requires the manual dexterity and general strength and endurance
- Lifting—routinely loads of 5-35 pounds from floor to waist, waist to shoulder and shoulder to overhead
- Carrying—routinely loads of 5-10 lbs for 40-50 feet
- Pushing—routinely loads of 5-150 lbs on casters, runners or pulleys
- Sustaining a grip—routinely for 1-2 minutes of 40-50 lbs
- Guarding a “lift load” routinely of 120-140 lbs
- Sitting—routinely for uninterrupted periods of 30-45 minutes
- Has the potential for Hazardous Substance Exposure due to work duties
- Has the potential for Blood borne Pathogen Exposure due to work duties
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently and consistently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.